Summary Terms and Conditions
Read the full User Licence.
- Ionic gives the User a personal, non-professional licence to use ShareScope/SharePad for the User's own personal use as a private investor or trader. A private investor or trader is someone who is not carrying out regulated activities or operates or works for a credit institution or financial services institution.
- The 30-day money back guarantee is available for the first subscription month only. The 30-day period begins from the day the user initially joins ShareScope/SharePad ("the joining date"). This offer is only available once per user, per household. Subsequent monthly subscription payments will not be refunded as suppliers of information to Ionic charge for a whole month as soon as that month's data is made available.
- After the first subscription month, users will be billed on the 1st or the 15th of the month, whichever comes sooner, until and unless Ionic receives notice of cancellation. If the billing date of any given month is at a weekend or bank holiday the billing date will be on the nearest available working day.
- Notices of Cancellation must be by telephone after speaking to Ionic staff by calling 020 7749 8500. If requested, the account will be available for use until the next billing date when it will be deactivated. Ionic will confirm your cancellation by email.
- If you cancel, you can resubscribe at any time via our website or by calling 0800 052 1515.
- Users paying annually will be notified by email 30 days before the next payment is due to be taken.
- If for any reason a subscription payment is not received, Ionic will attempt to contact the User promptly. If the user cannot be contacted and payment is not taken, the account will be deactivated at the earliest by the close of business on the same day and up to a week after that. If Ionic does not receive the outstanding subscription payment in this time the account will be deactivated. Ionic is not obliged to save or store a User's data such as portfolio data so Users are advised at all times to keep a back-up themselves.
- Users wishing to downgrade to another ShareScope or SharePad service will not be refunded any part of their existing subscription fee. To downgrade, the user must inform Ionic by telephone having spoken to a member of Ionic's staff. The downgrade will happen at the next billing date. The customer's monthly billing date will remain unchanged and on the corresponding date each month until further notice the user will be charged at the relevant new monthly subscription rate.
- Users may upgrade to another ShareScope or SharePad service at any time via our website.
- The Alpesh Patel Special Edition ("APSE") is available only to users with an active subscription to ShareScope Gold, Plus or Pro. It is available by annual subscription only. A 30 day money back guarantee is available from the day the user first subscribes to APSE. This offer is only available once per user, per household. Thereafter annual subscription payments will not be refunded.
- ShareScope/SharePad promotional offers are only available to new members, once per user, per household. These offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, unless otherwise indicated. Promotions are non-transferable, not valid on past purchases and cannot be exchanged for cash. Ionic Information reserves the right to change promotion rules and withdraw a given promotion at any time. Only one promotion per household can be used ever e.g. one for ShareScope and one for SharePad. Different promotions cannot be combined or used via different family members in the same household or used at different times.
- Level 2 data subscriptions are only available to users with an active subscription to ShareScope Gold and Plus. Level 2 data is included with ShareScope Pro and SharePad Pro subscriptions.
- Ionic may pass the User's data to third party research companies such as Trustpilot Limited which may ask the User for feedback including to complete a review of ShareScope/SharePad. No third party is given the User's portfolio data, but Ionic may aggregate and anonymise and then analyse such data in order better to serve all users and ascertain their needs.
- Ionic reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting a new version on its website and the new version will then apply to the User. If the User does not accept the new terms it may terminate its subscription, but no refund will be due.