ShareScope website privacy and data usage policies
Ionic Information Ltd values the privacy of its members and visitors to the ShareScope website. We understand that you entrust us with your personal and private information, and we do everything we can to maintain that trust.
Ionic collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, only if you provide this information voluntarily when you order a ShareScope product or demo, enter a competition, register for training or conferences or make requests that require a direct response to you. The information collected is used to service your request, complete transactions, ensure appropriate legal use of ShareScope software, provide notification about updates to ShareScope software, data and services, and to provide technical, account and product support to our members. This website does not collect or obtain personal information from users without their explicit consent.
Ionic does not sell or rent any personal information collected via this website. The same is true for personal information sent by email to Ionic or ShareScope.
Ionic does not send unsolicited emails to website users unless consent has been given (see “Marketing” below).
Ionic does not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- As part of our data and exchange reporting obligations we may disclose personal information to entities (including but not limited to companies and stock exchanges) that provide price and other data for your ShareScope account. Ionic understands that the exchanges require this information to maintain effective controls over the distribution of their data.
- Ionic may disclose personal information to companies that help us process transactions on your account.
- We may disclose information to group companies of Ionic Information.
- Occasionally, Ionic uses the services of third party mailing houses that are authorised to use your personally identifiable data only for the benefit of Ionic and its group companies and ONLY where you have indicated that you are happy to receive communications from Ionic.
- Where required by law or to protect and defend its rights or property Ionic may disclose or report personal information. For example, Ionic may be required to co-operate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve consumer disputes or to perform credit or authentication checks that require the use of your personal information.
- Where information is disclosed to third parties we ensure that they have suitable policies in place to protect your personal information, that prohibit them from using your personal information for their own marketing purposes and require them to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
While browsing the ShareScope website, you may be able to access third party websites through a hyperlink. Ionic assumes no responsibility for the content or privacy policies at such third party websites.
Cookies & web server logging
Ionic Information collects information on its websites through the use of temporary "session cookies" and web server logging.
Session cookies are short pieces of data used to reference a user’s basket or form contents in a temporary database while browsing the ShareScope website. When an order is placed or a demo is requested the details entered are stored in a database at Ionic Information and the session cookie is deleted. A session cookie is not an executable program and cannot do anything harmful to your machine.
ShareScope does NOT use text or “permanent” cookies for the purpose of tracking usage of its site or to store personal information on a user’s PC.
Web server logging provides Ionic with aggregate website usage data to find out how often and when site content is requested. For example, Ionic may identify the pages on our websites that your browser requests or visits and the type of browser that you use. This information is used to improve the usability of our website. IP addresses are also logged for usage statistics and for security purposes to protect against actual or attempted abuse or misuse of Ionic’s websites. The information is only personally identifiable if you have chosen to identify yourself; for example, by requesting a software demo.
Ionic uses secure servers to process transaction data. Our secure servers use 128-bit high encryption technology and our secure server certificates are issued by recognised and trusted Internet security certificate issuing authorities. Look out for the padlock symbol at the bottom of your screen to confirm that you are using a secure connection when paying.
Ionic Information will never ask you to provide or confirm your payment details by email. We will always ask you to use our website to make a secure payment or to call us during office hours with the details. DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD DETAILS BY EMAIL as they can be intercepted.
At Ionic, we will NEVER sell or rent your details to any other party for marketing purposes. From time to time we will organise special offers or discounts for our members with investment related companies. These offers are sent by Ionic, sparingly, only from companies that we trust and whose products or services have proved, or we think will prove, popular with members. Our partners are not given access to your email address or to any personally identifiable information about you, and you can rest assured that your details will always be held in the strictest of confidence.
You can choose from three levels of contact with ShareScope and Ionic.
- ShareScope and Selected Partners
ShareScope may contact me occasionally about special offers, promotions, newsletters and training from ShareScope AND other carefully selected investment related organisations. (You may also be contacted with any account, service and support related issues.)
- ShareScope only
ShareScope may contact me occasionally about special offers, promotions, newsletters and training from ShareScope ONLY. (You may also be contacted with any account, service and support related issues.)
- No Marketing Contact
ShareScope may contact me regarding account, service and support related issues ONLY.
At any time you can choose to change your preference under the three options above: simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your new preference. There may be a short delay before we update your preference in our database.
Ionic takes reasonable and prudent precautions to ensure that your personally identifiable data is protected against unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
If you believe for any reason that Ionic has not followed this policy and are concerned about the use of your data, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Privacy” and Ionic will act promptly to investigate and correct any problem.