Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When can I update the Historic and Fundamental data?
- Why is ShareScope so fast?
- How will I keep my end-of-day data up to date?
- How will I collect my real-time data in ShareScopePro?
- Will I miss any data if I go away for a few days?
- My end-of-day data is out of date, what should I do?
- I need to install ShareScope again. What should I do?
- Who provides the data supplied in the programme?
- Who provides the forecasts and consensus view?
- Do you give investment advice?
- Are there any hidden costs?
- Why choose ShareScope over an Internet site?
- I have a suggestion for a new feature that I would like to see in ShareScope. What should I do?
- How does the subscription work?
- How can I pay my monthly subscription?
- Can I pay for the whole year?
- How do I upgrade my subscription?
- How do I downgrade my subscription?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How does the 30-day money back guarantee work?
- I cancelled my subscription but now I want to come back to ShareScope. Do I have to pay the membership fee again?
- How does the "Tell a Friend" offer work?
- What is Alpesh Patel Special Edition?
- Is Alpesh Patel Special Edition a replacement for my current subscription?
- How much does Alpesh Patel Special Edition cost?
- How do I subscribe to Alpesh Patel Special Edition?
- What is Level 2 data?
- Can I add Level 2 to any subscription package?
- How much does Level 2 cost?
- Where can I get help using ShareScope?
1. When can I update the Historic and Fundamental data?
After the UK market closes at 4:30pm, all the share prices are checked and adjusted for share splits, consolidations, rights issues, etc to give you accurate information. You can then update the historic information after 6pm. Fundamental data is available by midday each weekday. For more information on ShareScope data click here.
2. Why is ShareScope so fast?
By using advanced compression techniques all the data can be held in your computer's memory so access is much faster than most stock market programs and exceptionally fast when compared to Internet chart programs.
3. How will I keep my end-of-day data up to date?
All you need is an Internet connection or a properly installed modem. Click the Update button in ShareScope and it does the rest. It is possible to update from anywhere in the world, using the international dialling number 0044 20 7749 8530. Please contact support for details of how to set these up.
4. How will I collect my real-time data in ShareScope Pro?
All you need is a properly installed Internet connection, although we recommend you use a broadband service, so that you can stay connected for a fixed charge per month. We can help you with ADSL if you're interested. For more information on ShareScope Pro data click here.
5. Will I miss any data if I go away for a few days?
If you are not able to update the data for a few days, the next time you update the end-of-day data you will receive any information you have missed. For real-time data, you are able to backfill data for recent days you have missed.
6. My end-of-day data is out of date, what should I do?
If you have not updated for more than 6 weeks, it may be best to obtain a more up-to-date installation file. Please visit www.sharescope.co.uk/downloads.php for the latest file or contact Support.
7. I need to install ShareScope again. What should I do?
You will need to use a new installation file. Please visit www.sharescope.co.uk/downloads.php for the latest file or contact Support.
8. Who provides the data supplied in the programme?
The data is provided by a number of suppliers, including The London Stock Exchange, FTSE, Interative Data, Morningstar, Hemscott, Exchange Data International and Dow Jones. For more information on ShareScope data suppliers click here.
9. Who provides the forecasts and consensus view?
Over 60 city institutions including Charles Stanley, Collins Stewart and RBS contribute to the analysts' consensus view from Hemscott. They look closely at all aspects of the company before taking a view.
10. Do you give investment advice?
No. ShareScope provides you with all the information you need to make your own investment decisions. Part of this information is a weekly consensus of analysts' views on companies' prospects provided by Hemscott.
11. Are there any hidden costs?
No. You pay a Membership Fee when you join, and then a monthly or annual data fee, with the first month free for ShareScope Gold, Plus or Pro. All prices include VAT and postage. There is no minimum contract period for any service. Included in your Membership Fee are free software upgrades and free technical support for life. That's it!
12. Why choose ShareScope over an Internet site?
Because ShareScope is a computer program and not an Internet site, it is much much faster than Internet investment information and charting sites. Even if you currently have broadband and use Internet sites for your investment information you will be amazed by the speed of ShareScope and the ways that you can manipulate price data, charts and graphs with ease and to your own customisable specifications. ShareScope's philosophy is that computers are never fast enough. Accordingly we operate a policy of continuous improvement.
13. I have a suggestion for a new feature that I would like to see in ShareScope. What should I do?
You can add it to our famous wish list. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and your suggestion will be fed into the ShareScope development process. We consider each request carefully and many make it into the program. However, we cannot promise that everything you ask for will be added or when it will be added but if you don't ask then we don't know!
14. How does the subscription work?
Subscription works on a monthly basis. We don't require our members to sign up for long periods of a year or more. You can cancel at any time.
15. How can I pay my monthly subscription?
You can set up a monthly direct debit or you can authorise us to collect payment on your credit card every month. Alternatively you can pay for the whole year by credit card, debit card or cheque and take advantage of our reduced subscription rates.
16. Can I pay for the whole year?
Instead of paying monthly you can choose to pay an annual subscription by credit card, debit card or cheque. This lets you take advantage of our reduced subscription rates (click here for current rates). If you take out an annual subscription and then cancel during that year we will refund the unexpired part of your subscription, so you really have nothing to lose! For more information, please call 020 7749 8500.
17. How do I upgrade my subscription?
To upgrade your ShareScope subscription (for example from Gold to Pro), please click here to complete our online order form or call 020 7749 8500.
For more information about upgrading your account, please click here.
18. How do I downgrade my subscription?
If you wish to downgrade your subscription (for example from Plus to Gold), please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7749 8500.
Please remember to provide your account number and the details of your request.
19. How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your ShareScope subscription at any time. Simply write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (otherwise we cannot confirm cancellation) and no further payment will be collected from the date that we receive your cancellation instruction. We take pride in our products, so please tell us why you wish to cancel. We will confirm your cancellation in writing.
20. How does the 30-day money back guarantee work?
If you're not satisfied with ShareScope for any reason, simply cancel within 30 days of purchase and we will refund your membership payment (currently £79.95) immediately. This guarantee is only available once per household or per person at Ionic Information's discretion.
21. I cancelled my subscription but now I want to come back to ShareScope.
Do I have to pay the membership fee again?
No. You are a ShareScope member for life. However, there is a small fee for reactivating your account. Click here to find our more about resubscribing to ShareScope.
22. How does the "Tell a Friend" offer work?
If you introduce a friend to ShareScope you can both get up to two months FREE subscription. Click here for more details.
23. What is the Alpesh Patel Special Edition?
The Alpesh Patel Special Edition is an upgrade to ShareScope, based on the trading strategies of Alpesh Patel.
It can be added to any existing ShareScope subscription package (Gold, Plus or Pro) and adds 4 additional stock-picking filters, 4 graph settings and one list table to your current copy of ShareScope. These additions will allow you to mirror Alpesh's own stock-picking strategies.
To help you maximise your stock-picking success, Alpesh writes an exclusive monthly newsletter in which he discusses specific stocks and you will also receive an audiovisual training CD.
24. Is Alpesh Patel Special Edition a replacement for my current subscription?
No. Alpesh Patel Special Edition is upgrade to ShareScope and can be added to any Gold, Plus or Pro account.
If you decide to subscribe to Alpesh Patel Special Edition, your account will automatically be activated to receive Alpesh's personal stock-picking filters and analytic "radars" as well as the monthly newsletter written by Alpesh.
25. How much does Alpesh Patel Special Edition cost?
Alpesh Patel Special Edition costs just £199 per year. Payment is taken at the start of each annual subscription period. Payments cannot be taken on a monthly basis.
We offer a full 30-day money back guarantee the first time that you subscribe to the Alpesh Patel Special Edition, so if for whatever reason you're not satisfied with your purchase, we will refund your money.
26. How do I subscribe to Alpesh Patel Special Edition?
Subscribing is easy. Simply click here and fill in your details - we'll do the rest. You will be sent a confirmation email of your order and then once payment has been taken, we will notify to let you know that your account has been activated. You will receive the training CD by post.
Please note, orders outside of office hours (9am-6pm Monday to Friday) will not be processed until the next working day - usually by 10am.
27. What is Level 2 data?
Level 2 is the professional data screen used by stockbrokers and City traders. It shows you the actual prices and volumes of shares being bid for or offered on the market. Level 2 shows you the "depth" of the market - the number and volume of orders that are waiting in the wings if the market moves towards them.
Click here to find out more.
28. Can I add Level 2 to any subscription package?
Level 2 is included free in ShareScope Pro and is available as an add-on to Gold and Plus subscriptions.
29. How much does Level 2 cost?
Level 2 costs £16 per month. An annual subscription is available for £170 (a saving of £22).
30. Where can I get help using ShareScope?
Free lifetime support is included as part of your ShareScope membership. Our dedicated support team is available from 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday and will be happy to help you with any query you might have.
To get up-and-running with ShareScope as fast as possible, we offer an exclusive range of training CDs/DVDs for you to sit back and enjoy. Click here to view the full list.